Waking Up is a guide to understanding the mind, for the purpose of living a more balanced and fulfilling life. Join Sam Harris – neuroscientist, philosopher, and New York Times best-selling author – as he explores the practice of meditation and examines the theory behind it.
What makes Waking Up different?
Real Practice: Go beyond mere stress reduction to make profound discoveries inside the laboratory of your own mind.
Rational Theory: Ground your meditation experience in practical wisdom and a rational understanding of the world.
Fair Pricing: As with all of Sam Harris’s digital content, if you would like to use this app but truly cannot afford it, please email us at [email protected] so that we can give you a free account. While we operate a business, we believe that money should never be the reason why someone can’t gain access to Waking Up.
* Guided meditation: Practice sessions for morning, day, or evening meditation, suitable for beginners, intermediate and advanced meditators alike.
* Introductory Course: A progressive, 50-session course that will introduce you to the basic principles of mindfulness meditation, along with more advanced practices.
* Daily meditations: After completing the Introductory Course, you will continue your practice with our growing catalog of daily meditations.
* Lessons: Listen to short talks on science, philosophy, and the nature of mind.
* Conversations: Long-form conversations with a wide range of teachers and scholars.
* Meditation timer and tracking to monitor progress
* A guarantee of satisfaction. If you don’t find the app valuable, email us at [email protected] and we will give you a full refund.
Mindfulness topics Include:
* The logic of practice
* Mental training
* The value of attention
* Free will
* The illusion of the self
* The power of concepts
* And more
ABOUT SAM HARRIS
Sam Harris is the author of five New York Times best sellers, including Waking Up: A Guide to Spirituality Without Religion. His writing and public lectures cover a wide range of topics—neuroscience, meditation, moral philosophy, religion, rationality—but generally focus on how a growing understanding of ourselves and the world is changing our sense of how we should live. Sam has practiced meditation for over 30 years and has studied with many Tibetan, Indian, Burmese, and Western meditation teachers, both in the United States and abroad. He received a degree in philosophy from Stanford University and a Ph.D. in neuroscience from UCLA.
Simple design. Easy to use.A very straightforward approach to guided meditation; no...
Mindfulness Practices & Meditations. Anytime. Anywhere.10 minutes a day to a calmer...
Access profound states of expanded awareness normally attained after years of dedicated...
Sleep better, relieve stress, and find purpose with Chopra - your total...
Feel less anxious. Find more joy. Unwinding Anxiety® is a guided step-by-step...
Simple Habit is a wellness & sleep app recommended by psychologists, therapists...
Created with AppPage.net
Similar Apps - visible in preview.