Dr Jon Kabat-Zinn’s Series 1, 2 and 3 – Now available as an all-in-one app!
Hundreds of thousands or even millions of people have used these meditations to develop and sustain a meditation practice based on mindfulness, and to benefit from its stress reducing, healing, and
transformational potential when practiced regularly.
After 40 years in the form of first audiotapes and then CDs, the meditations are now available in this app and can be used in conjunction with Dr. Kabat-Zinn's books.
The Series 1 constitutes the core practice curriculum of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) in the Stress Reduction Clinic at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, USA:
1. Body Scan Meditation (45 min): The body scan is a closely guided journey through your body as you bring moment-to-moment awareness to every region in turn.
2. Mindful Yoga 1 (45 min): A gentle sequence of mindful Hatha yoga postures, which help build strength, balance, and flexibility in body and mind.
3. Sitting Meditation (40 min): Detailed guidance and instruction for the practice of mindfulness meditation in a formal sitting posture. Sitting meditation is the traditional formal core practice of mindfulness meditation.
4. Mindful Yoga 2 (45 min): A different sequence of mindful Hatha yoga postures, including many done standing.
The Series 2 is designed for people who want a range of shorter guided meditations to help them develop and/or expand and deepen a personal meditation practice based on mindfulness. It gives you 8 programs of varying lengths to use on different days, depending on how much time you can make for formal practice:
Track 1-3: Sitting Meditations (10, 20 and 30 min)
Track 4-6: Lying Down Meditations (10, 20 and 30 min)
Track 7: Mountain Meditation (20 min)
Track 8: Lake Meditation (20 min)
The Series 3 offers a range of meditations from 10 to 47 min’s. These are precise tools for nourishing yourself and at the same time caring for the larger world, with all its suffering and potential for healing.
1. Breathscape Meditation (20 min)
2. Bodyscape Meditation (20 min)
3. Breathscape and Bodyscape – More Silence (20 min)
4. Soundscape Meditation (27 min)
5. Mindscape Meditation (20 min)
6. Dying Before You Die (30 min)
7. Nowscape (Choiceless Awareness) Meditation (30 min)
8. Walking Meditation (10 min)
9. Heartscape (Lovingkindness) Meditation (47 min)
10. Lifescape (Everyday Life) Meditation (12 min)
About Jon Kabat-Zinn:
Jon Kabat-Zinn, Ph.D., is a meditation teacher, writer and scientist. He is Professor of Medicine emeritus at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, where he was founder (in 1979) and former director of its world-renowned Stress Reduction Clinic and founding Executive Director of the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society.
MindfulnessApps is a Swedish company dedicated to making mindfulness practice of the highest quality easy accessible to the world. The company is founded by Psychologist, mindfulness teacher and Master of Engineering Martin Ström and Psychologist, author and public speaker Johan Bergstad.
Contact us at [email protected], and visit www.mindfulnessapps.com for more info.
If you are unable to afford the app, please contact us and we will help out.
If you have any technical problems with the app, please let us know and we will do our very best to help you: [email protected]. Please email us your phone type and specify the problem you have. Thank you.
Feeling overwhelmed or stressed in your everyday life? Want to feel more...
Mindfulness Practices & Meditations. Anytime. Anywhere.10 minutes a day to a calmer...
RelaxifyApp is a comprehensive and science-based application made by psychologists with the...
Buddhify is here to help you bring more calm, clarity and kindness...
Sleep better. Stress less. Focus more. Meditation Moments is the meditation and...
BE INSPIRED. ENERGISED. REJUVENATED.Transform yourself with the largest online library of Kundalini...
Created with AppPage.net
Similar Apps - visible in preview.