Canadian version, based on 17th print ed. 5,000 trade & generic drugs. 150 drug classifications. 800 built-in dosage calculators. Audio pronunciations. 1000+ drug monographs.
Davis’s Canadian Drug Guide for Nurses®, Seventeenth Edition plus 2020 updates, delivers all of the information you need to administer medications safely across the lifespan—well-organized monographs for hundreds of generic and thousands of trade-name drugs—along with the Canadian-specific information you want.
NEW IN THIS UPDATE :
- NEW! Added 22 New Monographs.
- NEW! 415 updated Monographs.
- NEW! Added 2 New Indices – BEERS, REMS (Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy).
FREE DIGITAL ACCESS
One-year subscription to Davis’s Canadian Drug Guide for Nurses® via WebView - Skyscape's online tool. You’ll have access to over 1,700 monographs from your desktop, laptop, or any mobile device with a web browser.
LIFE-SAVING GUIDANCE…AT A GLANCE
- Canadian-specific content
- Full monographs on drugs approved for use in Canada that are not FDA-approved for use in the US.
- Additional Canadian trade names for many US-approved generic drugs; identified by a maple leaf icon.
- A summary of the similarities and differences between pharmaceutical practices in the US and Canada.
- Canadian Advisory Board of clinicians, educators, and students.
- Audio pronunciations for almost 890 generic drugs
- Over 800 built-in drug dosing calculation tools. Simply review a drug, calculate the dose and administer all in a single step without needing to switch to a separate drug dosing program.
Comprehensive coverage on over 1,700 drug monographs including more than:
- 5,000 trade and generic drugs as well as expanded coverage of herbal products
- 150 drug classifications, both therapeutic and pharmacologic (if available)
- 500 commonly used combination drugs, including the dosage amount of the active generic ingredient
- Most complete life-span drug dosing considerations for adult, pediatric, and geriatric patients
Completely updated with expanded coverage on vulnerable populations including:
- New indications and dosing recommendations for top 100 pediatric drugs
- Pediatric, geriatric, and OB medication administration considerations
- A complete immunization schedule
- Special techniques for administering medications to children
- Oral rehydration solutions
- Drugs and breast feeding
- List of drugs associated with increased number of falls in the elderly
More High Alert Coverage and Patient Safety Information than any other drug guide including:
- Special highlights to identify High Alert Medications with high risks for patient injury and information throughout the monograph that explain what the nurse can do to ensure patient safety
- "Do not confuse with" and "Do not crush, break, or chew" caution statements highlighted to support safe practice
- Information on how to prevent administration errors, detect dosing and dispensing errors, and detect or prevent adverse drug reactions (ADR)s.
- Explanations on how to administer medication safely by all routes – including signs and symptoms for toxicity and overdose, safe handling tips and how to educate patients for safe medication use in the home
Plus new integrated dosing calculators - Now, with over 800 built in weight-based drug dosing calculation tools, simply review a drug, calculate the dose and administer all in a single step.
Built by nurses, for nurses. Access over 1600+ exam questions, in-depth explanations,...
- FREE 30-DAY TRIAL -NEW 18th edition content with over 600 new...
Five best-selling nursing apps combine to form the premier, integrated clinical nursing...
Skyscape's App is based on the print edition of the Saunders Comprehensive...
FREE PREVIEW – View select topics to experience how the enjoyable, user-friendly...
USMLE Step 1 USMLE Step 1 is a one-day test that is...
Created with AppPage.net
Similar Apps - visible in preview.