The first book to encompass adult-gerontology practice guidelines for primary care, this comprehensive resource is useful as both a clinical reference and as a text for health care practitioners working with this population.
Adult-Gerontology Practice Guidelines, 2nd Edition is concise and up-to-date, the book is distinguished by its easy-to-read outline format that enables readers to quickly access the information they need. The second edition features 27 completely new entries associated with the aging population, an entirely new section on geriatric syndromes, and multiple updates to guideline changes for screenings. Polypharmacy issues are incorporated throughout and the BEERS list of medications is highlighted to guide prescribers in safely tapering or adding medications to a patient’s drug regimen.
Praise for the First Edition:
“Because of the way it is organized, this book meets the needs of both novice and experienced advance practice nurses. Each chapter defines the problem, how often it occurs, and what leads to the problem. To aid in assessment, the book includes the physical examination landmarks as well as diagnostic tests that might be needed. A plan of care is offered with several different alternatives for treatment and then notes what type of follow-up is needed. This would be a great resource for anyone working in the field of geriatrics...Score: 92 - 4 Stars!
For quick and easy access to information, practice guidelines are organized primarily by body system, disorders are listed alphabetically within each body system, and all disorders are presented in a consistent format. With an emphasis on history taking, the physical exam, and key features of the aging population, each of the more than 240 disorder guidelines include definition, incidence, pathogenesis, predisposing factors, common complaints, other signs and symptoms, subjective data, physical exam, diagnostic tests, differential diagnoses, plan of care, health promotion, follow-up guidelines, and tips for consultation/referral. Particularly helpful features include "Practice Pointers" highlighting crucial information for a disorder and bold-faced "Alerts.” Key patient teaching points are presented at the end of each guideline. Also included are 18 procedures commonly used within office or clinic settings and 140 Patient Teaching Guides that are available digitally.
New to the Second Edition:
- 27 completely new entries
- New section on geriatric syndromes
- Polypharmacy alerts are incorporated throughout
- BEERS list of medications is highlighted for each disorder
- Updated guidelines for various screenings
- Medicare Coverage and Eligibility Screening
- U.S. Preventative Services Task Force recommendations on colonoscopy, screening mammogram guidelines, pap smears and pelvic examinations
- Deprescribing Algorithms
- ASCCP Algorithms
- Focuses specifically on adult and older adult populations
- Presented in easy-to-read outline format for quick access to information
- Delivers consistent presentation of more than 240 disorders by body system
- Reviews 17 commonly used procedures step by step
- Provides “Practice Pointers” to indicate important care points
- Offers digital access to more than 140 extensive Patient Teaching Guides to customize and print
FREE PREVIEW – View select topics to experience how the enjoyable, user-friendly...
Prepare for the NCLEX exam Anytime-Anywhere (No network connection required) at your...
Five best-selling nursing apps combine to form the premier, integrated clinical nursing...
Skyscape's App is based on the print edition of the Saunders Comprehensive...
Built by nurses, for nurses. Access over 1600+ exam questions, in-depth explanations,...
Created with AppPage.net
Similar Apps - visible in preview.