OB/GYN Peds Notes is the essential clinical information you need to care for obstetric, gynecological, newborn, and pediatric patients in any setting. The 3rd Edition of this popular pocket guide has been thoroughly revised and updated to reflect nursing practice today.
- Prenatal nursing care from conception through labor
- Assessment of women during stages of pregnancy, postpartum, and with gynecological complaints
- Techniques for medication administration, calculating fluids and rate
- Preventative care, symptoms, and testing for sexually transmitted diseases
- Coverage of newborn care
- Norms and assessment for infants and children, including immunization basics and standardized growth charts
- The most common reasons for the hospitalization of children and the appropriate nursing care
- Age-appropriate play for hospitalized children
- Patient teaching guidance
- Cultural awareness coverage, where appropriate
New to this Edition
- Thoroughly updated and revised throughout to reflect the art and science of nursing today
- The latest guidelines, warning signs, and patient care for common procedures during pregnancy, labor, and delivery
- The most current guidelines, including ACOG Pap Smear, CDC Immunization in Pregnancy, ACOG and ACS Mammography, and ACOG and ACS Breast Self-Exam and Breast Self-Awareness.
- Expanded content on preconception counseling on the effects of obesity and weight gain in pregnancy, as well as new methods of birth control and emergency contraception choices, preeclampsia and placenta previa
- Information from AWHONN practice bulletin on quantifying postpartum blood loss
- Updated information on common infant formulas and indications for use
- Updated safety teaching tips and cultural competence guidance
- Revised terminology and definitions
We're revolutionizing the strike nurse assignment process. For the first time...
Pass your NCLEX-RN, NCLEX-PN, CNA, ATI TEAS, HESI A2, CCRN, and other...
Practical and vocational test preparation for NCLEX-PN exam. Includes over 2,000 questions...
Prepare for the NCLEX exam Anytime-Anywhere (No network connection required) at your...
Created with AppPage.net
Similar Apps - visible in preview.