Get America’s most useful and respected dictionary, optimized for your Android device. This is the best Android app for English language reference, education, and vocabulary building.
And now we’ve added new word games! It’s never been more fun to learn new words and test your vocabulary for everyone from English learners to total word nerds. Hundreds of words to test your skills.
Offline access: You’ll have complete access to definitions and synonyms whether or not you’re connected. You will need a connection to view illustrations, hear audio pronunciations, and use voice search.
* No ads
* Full Thesaurus: more than 200,000 word choices, examples, and explanations
* New Vocabulary-Building Quizzes: fun, fast quizzes to learn new words or test your vocabulary
* Voice Search: look up a word without having to spell it
* Word of the Day: learn a new word every day.
* Example Sentences: understand how a word is used in context
* Quick Definitions: perfect for on-the-go lookups
* Audio Pronunciations: voiced by real English speakers, not text-to-speech robots
* Favorite Words and Search History: Keep track of the words that are most important to you
* Premium Content: over 1000 graphical illustrations, and over 20,000 additional entries covering people, places, and foreign terms
* For Tablets: Scrolling Index: browse the entire dictionary
The best dictionary for English language learners, from Merriam-Webster.
Webster's English dictionary with 160,000 entries and over 800 illustrations.
Dictionary and Thesaurus bundle with 160,000 entries and over 800 illustrations.
English Words & Vocabulary: Search Dictionary Definitions & Thesaurus Synonyms
A complete English dictionary with over 123,000 word and 200,000 definitions.
The First American English Dictionary by Noah Webster
Created with AppPage.net
Similar Apps - visible in preview.