For efficient reading and learning. Listen to text, comment and answer questions by speech and more. Easy to use anytime anywhere.
Uses the most advanced text-to-speech and speech recognition technologies.
Cognify allows you to listen to documents – lecture notes, worksheets – any text based document really. Cognify can be used by students, teachers, educators, colleges, universities, schools. But not just listen to documents, you can pause the document and then dictate your own time-stamped comments. This is great if you want to review your course or lecture notes or your draft assignments maybe.
Cognify is also great for professionals who need to provide feedback on the work of others like draft letters, contracts, legal documents. Professionals can listen to a document, pause at any point and dictate their comments like - ‘you have forgotten to add this’, ‘this is not quite correct’. This means that you can work hands-free.
For teachers and lecturers, Cognify does a lot more –
· Add open questions to a document so that Cognify ‘asks the question’ and then waits for students to dictate their answers.
· Add multiple-choice questions so that Cognify asks the question, then reads each of the possible options out, pauses and waits for the student to say their answer.
· Multiple-choice questions can be designed to either feedback on the correct answer or wait for it to be marked by the teacher or lecturer.
· When students have worked through a document, they can send it to the teacher for marking.
· Open existing web pages, to which new comments can be added, for example, teachers can direct students to open a specific web page, like a Wikipedia entry and add their own comments.
· Add captions to images, so that when Cognify reaches the image, it reads out caption. For example, explaining the meaning of a graph. When Cognify reaches an image it maximises it for display.
· Students can export just their answers from a Cognify file to send to their teacher or lecturer
The benefits of Cognify are that you can work or study ‘hands free’ without the need to see the screen or use a keyboard – just listen to something and dictate your comments and answers.
Cognify is especially helpful for students with extra learning needs like dyslexia where they might struggle to understand a piece of text. Students can ‘play’ the same piece of text as many times as they like, just by clicking in the place in the document they want to listen to again. Students can also change the speed at which Cognify reads documents.
Cognify has been partially funded by UfI Charitable Trust (ufi.co.uk) through its VocTech seed funding initiative and is a collaborative effort between WellSource and Pembrokeshire College.
Organize your thoughts with voice typing in tabular form
Elegantly reads out loud any plain text, text files and web pages
OPDS catalog browser for @Voice Aloud Reader
Support many voices languages, easily convert text to audio and speech to text
Subtitle conversations, also enjoy the new text phone features
Take notes with your voice. Listen to texts with digital voice.
Created with AppPage.net
Similar Apps - visible in preview.