Metromile can help save low-mileage drivers an average of $741/year on car insurance. With pay-per-mile insurance, you pay for what you use—so if you drive less, you pay less. Our base rates start at just $29/mo plus a few cents for each mile you drive. Our smart driving app makes car ownership as seamless, affordable and as simple as it can be. And get connected to your car using the ‘Metromile Pulse’, our device that puts important information like your car’s location at your fingertips.
How it works:
Pay-per-mile car insurance means that you pay for what you use. Install Metromile App or visit our website and get a free car insurance quote. We start with a low, monthly rate, and then charge a low per mile rate for each mile you drive. As simple as that. Using the Pulse device, you can know your car’s location, know when street sweeping is happening, where you’re parked, check your miles, review your trips, and more. Choose from a list of coverage options and get the coverage you want, for a lot less. Log in or scan your license for an affordable quote. Sign up today and start saving.
Why choose Metromile car insurance?
- Pay-per-mile insurance is an affordable car insurance for low mileage drivers
- Get 24/7 support from our claims team
- File a claim from the app with our guided, step-by-step process
- All miles over 250 (or 150 for New Jersey drivers) per day are free
- Get the same great coverage you’re used to, for less
- Make your car a smart car with our App and Pulse device
Change your car insurance policy wherever, whenever
- Add more drivers
- Edit your personal information
- Personalize your coverage
- Get proof of insurance cards
Get connected to your car
- Review your trips to check your mileage, fuel cost, and time driving
- Find your car if it’s ever lost or stolen. Plus, we have a 94% stolen car return rate.
- Understand your car’s engine codes
- Avoid fines with street sweeping alerts sent directly to your phone (available in San Francisco, San Diego, Chicago, and the cities of Los Angeles, West Hollywood, and Santa Monica).
To sign up for pay-per-mile insurance, visit our website: https://metromile.com.
Connect with us on social platforms:
We are currently available in Arizona, California, Illinois, New Jersey, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Washington. Drivers in other states can sign up for our waitlist for an emailed notification of availability.
Note: Not all car makes and models are compatible. Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life.
Disclaimer for savings: Average annual car insurance savings by new customers surveyed who saved with Metromile in 2018.
© 2020 Metromile Inc. Metromile’s trademark may be used only with permission from Metromile. All rights reserved. Some insurance products are underwritten by insurers in the National General Insurance Group. Other insurance products are underwritten by Metromile Insurance Company, 1501 W. Fountainhead Pkwy, Suite 200, Tempe, AZ 85282.