SoundWire lets you stream any music or audio ("what you hear now") from your Windows or Linux PC to your Android mobile devices. Use it as:
- A remote speaker or wireless headphones
- A way to listen to music and movies from your computer anywhere around your house, or further over cell networks
- A wireless extension of live audio from your PC-based music system
SoundWire does audio mirroring (audio cast). You can use any music player on your PC or laptop like Spotify, YouTube, or iTunes and stream the live sound over WiFi directly to your Android device.
This is the full version of SoundWire. It enables unlimited Opus audio compression, can handle up to 10 connections at the same time, and has no ads or interruptions. It also has a special Pro Mode to set and display buffer latency precisely in milliseconds.
SoundWire has low latency (audio delay), which means it can even be used to listen to the soundtrack of a movie or YouTube video while you watch (**Note you must adjust the buffer size in app settings for low latency). There are other uses too... SoundWire can work as a baby monitor or listening device with a computer such as a netbook that has a built-in microphone. Hook up turntables to your computer's line input and stream a live DJ set to another part of the house over WiFi, or anywhere else over 3G/4G (additional network setup may be needed for 3G/4G).
- Live audio capture and streaming to multiple clients
- Excellent sound quality (44.1 / 48 kHz stereo 16-bit, PCM or Opus compression)
- True low latency (unlike AirPlay, Airfoil)
- Easy to use
- Compression option greatly reduces network usage
- Stream audio from PC to PC running x86 virtualized app (Linux/Windows)
- Save everything you hear to a file (MP3 or WAV)
Before using SoundWire on your Android device you must install and run the SoundWire Server application on the Windows/Linux PC or laptop which is your source of music, web audio streaming, or other sounds. Raspberry Pi is also supported. Download the server at http://georgielabs.net
For more information see the SoundWire guide at http://georgielabs.net/SoundWireHelp.html
If you have any problems please see the troubleshooting tips at the above link. For example if you get choppy audio try restarting your wireless router, then try the other troubleshooting suggestions in the guide. If you get a message saying the app is not licensed and this message is incorrect then please check your internet connection and try again.
Please rate the app and comment on Google Play to let us know what you think of SoundWire. If you have a question or bug report send email to [email protected]
SoundWire Google Play icon by Jet Markov courtesy of Jeremiah Strong.
- Network access/Wi-Fi: Communicates with the server program on your PC.
- Prevent phone from sleeping: Keeps app running while connected (playing music) or attempting to connect. May be disabled in settings.
fidata Music App is a controll application conforming to OpenHome / DLNA that smartly operates fidata Network Audio Server HFAS1 on your Android devices.
ShurePlus™ PLAY lets you personalize and update Shure AONIC products, as well as play high-res audio files.
Note: Dirac Live on Android requires a Dirac-enabled unit from NAD, Onkyo, Pioneer, Integra, or Pioneer Elite.
With this app, you can use compatible Audio-Technica products more conveniently.
AirMusic Control is designed to control internet radio device using Magic M6/M7 platform.
Created with AppPage.net
Similar Apps - visible in preview.