[email protected] is a unique talkbot developed with the help of native English teachers and voice over artists for improving English speaking skills. This unique combination of voice recognition and voice command technology enables you to develop your conversation skills in scenarios comparable to real-life situations and gain valuable conversational experience.
Enjoy chatting with your native American and British English conversation partners, answer their questions and pay attention to how they react to your answers and decide which way to steer the conversation!
Voice command enabled exercises help you practice even while your hands are busy and you can’t look at the screen.
Use voice control commands like:
- (Please) repeat – in case you didn’t understand the question
- Previous / Previous question (please) / Back (please) – use this when you want to listen to the previous question again
- Next / Next question (please) / Skip (please) – this command takes you to the next question of the conversation
- Stop / Pause (please) – in case you’d like to take a break from the conversation
- Slow / Slower (please) – use this command to ask your conversation partner to speak slower
- Fast / Faster (please) – this makes your conversation partner talk at normal speed again
- Speak up (please) / Louder – this is how you can ask your conversation partner to speak up
- Quiet (please) / Quieter – this way you can indicate to your conversation partner to speak more quietly.
If you gave a wrong answer to a question or if the microphone of your smart phone couldn’t properly record what you said, your conversation partner will always ask you to say your answer again. In this case, simply repeat your answer.
KEEP IN MIND!
Your conversation partner will only hear you when the microphone icon appears at the bottom of the screen and/or you hear the beep indicating recording (in order to hear this, it’s important to make sure the notification button isn’t muted on your phone)
PLENTY OF HELP FROM THE APP
You can read possible responses and listen to them spoken by native English speakers if the voice hints are enabled. Tap on one of the responses and repeat the sentence to continue the conversation.
What’s more, you can get suggestions for even more possible responses by tapping on the lightbulb icon.
Normal mode / Flexible mode:
Use the normal mode for comprehensive grammatical check. Use the flexible mode to speak more freely.
- Speak directly into the microphone of your smart phone to keep speech recognition as precise as possible. Use headset if you can’t hold your phone to your mouth.
- Once the conversation is over, you can give it another try with different answers.
- Before starting a conversation, it’s worth completing all the practice “Exercises”. (Pronunciation, Listening)
- You can adjust how much time you need to answer the questions (you can reduce this time as you get better).
Get confident in English and next time you meet a native speaker be cool and TALK @ EASE ! ☺
Are you frustrated by fast-speaking (native) English, and not enough opportunities to...
It's pointless to study English if you can't speak it!Speak Pal is...
ChatterFox is the world's best English speaking practice app for non-native English...
A completely FREE interactive language appMooveez is an APP THAT WILL GET...
Get free pronunciation coaching with dictation, flashcards, cloze tests, quizzes, and listening...
Join 1,500,000+ Xeropan players from over 160 countries! Enjoy learning through play...
Created with AppPage.net
Similar Apps - visible in preview.