As a discipline that is quite technical SEO has many tools and programs that SEO uses to help in the process of optimizing websites. Below are a few of the most popular tools that are free or paid for:
- Google Search Console Google Search Console Google Search Console (formerly also known by the name "Google Webmaster Tools") is a tool that is free and provided by Google and is an essential tool in Google's SEO toolkit. GSC offers ranking and reports on traffic on the most popular pages and keywords, and helps identify and correct site-specific technical problems.
- Google Ads Keyword Planner Keyword Planner Keyword Planner is another free tool that is provided by Google in conjunction with its Google Ads products. While it was created specifically for paid searches however, it is an effective tool to help with SEO as it gives keyword suggestions as well as keyword volumes, both of which are useful when conducting keyword research.
- Analysis tools for backlinks There are many link analysis tools on the market with the two most popular consisting of AHREF's as well as Majestic. Backlink analysis tools permit users to determine which sites are linking to their website, or to the websites of their competitors. They can also be used to locate new links in link building.
- SEO platforms There are many various SEO platforms that integrate all the tools SEO requires to improve the performance of websites. The most well-known are Moz, BrightEdge, Searchmetrics and Linkdex. These platforms track the ranking of keywords aid in search engine optimization, and identify SEO opportunities off-page and on-page as well as other SEO-related tasks.
- Social media - The majority of social media sites do not directly affect SEO however they can be a useful method of networking with other webmasters, and creating relationships that create link building opportunities and guest post opportunities.
- Thesiterank.com - Type in the name of your website or any website you want and learn Basic SEO Statistics right away! It's completely free and no need to sign up.