Moulana Ali (A.S) says:
ان علم التجويد هو تجويد الحروف ومعرفة الوقوف
Reciting the Quraan with Tajweed means to pronounce every letter with all its articulative qualities such as proper prolongation, pause, nasalization, distinctiveness and phonetics along with proper rhythm and emphasis where necessary. The most important part of Tajweed is learning about correct position of the organs of speech and the manner of articulation.
The meaning of the verse / ayah can be changed if the letters are not pronounced correctly. Thus it is important to recite every letter of the Quraan properly with all of its rules and properties.
This application aims to assist in understanding those ahkaam / rules and provide a streamlined way of remembering them. With the frequent use of the Tajweed application, one will not only learn the ahkaam and commit them to memory, but will eventually start reciting Quraan with the correct application of those ahkaam as well.
- sliding menu on the left with all ahkaam for easy navigation
- description of every hukum along with audio examples (voice of Mahmoud Khalil Al Hosary)
- localized into English and Arabic languages
• Note: Please refrain from commenting about certain ahkaam not available or incorporated. More ahkaam and features will be added as time permits, so please make sure to update to the latest version when it is available.
• Special thanks to Haafiz ul Quran, Mulla Hasan Shaikh Mustafa for his help in verifying the Ahkaam