Longman Thesaurus of American English
The new Longman Thesaurus of American English helps build your vocabulary, and offers guidance on finding the words that you need to express yourself correctly and precisely. This learner’s thesaurus covers a wide range of vocabulary, including both general terms and academic words. Unlike an ordinary thesaurus, this thesaurus clearly explains the difference between terms that have similar meanings, and provides helpful and student-friendly example sentences for every word.
Increase your vocabulary – from 2,000 basic words to 12,000 synonyms
Explains more than 12,000 words, including academic and topic words
More than 17,000 example sentences show words in context
Words from the Academic Word List are explained and labeled
Color photos illustrate the meaning of related words such as empty, vacant and hollow
Improve your writing
Synonym Check boxes explain the difference between words such as electric and electrical
Grammar notes explain how to use words correctly
Academic Writing Guide with model essays provides guidance on different genres such as expository writing, persuasive writing, reports, and creative writing
Interactive practice in the online Study Center
Test your knowledge of synonyms, Academic Words, and Topic Vocabulary
Check the meanings in the online Thesaurus
Hear the pronunciation of all the words
- Full content of the print dictionary
- PLUS additional collocations, synonyms, and word origins
- Guide on how to use the dictionary
- Search using wildcards and suggested words
- Predictive text in search helps you with spelling as you look for words
- Search for idioms and phrasal verbs
- Search history to help you find recently searched for words
- Support for search from within other compatible apps on your device
- Bookmark your favorite words
- My vocabulary
Longman Dictionary of American EnglishLongman Dictionary of American English with new...
Learning to pronounce English words correctly can be one of the hardest...
The dictionary for academic success.“A must for every serious student of English!”Every...
Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English - 6th EditionLongman Dictionary of Contemporary English...
● IELTS Collocation: Learning collocations are highly recommended- Some of the most...
The most up to date, comprehensive and best value students' dictionary on...
Created with AppPage.net
Similar Apps - visible in preview.