This app is a remote control for JRiver Media Center (MC) software running on a computer (we have no affiliation with JRiver, Inc.). It also can play back media from the MC library locally to the device. It is a music player for Android Auto as well. It supports video, audio, and images on Android TV.
A running copy of JRiver Media Center on a networked computer is required. You must enable "Media Network" in MC for you to be able to connect and access your media. See https://www.jriver.com to install and get more information.
- Control MC playback over wifi with your device
- Control separate zones and link/unlink playback between zones
- Play audio/music files to your device with optional volume leveling/replay gain adjustment during playback and optional file conversion
- Play audio/music files via Android Auto with voice control
- Play video files to your device with optional file conversion
- View images on your device with optional file conversion
- Run macros (list of network commands) when zones are selected or unselected. These can be MCC (control MC) or TCP (control networked A/V equipment).
- Device volume buttons can control MC or networked A/V equipment volumes
- Create playlists and add files to playlists
- Play selected track Artists or Albums in external music apps
- Theater View remote control
- Connects via https if SSL is enabled in MC
- Download files with offline playback
- Seeking during playback
- Gapless audio playback
- Rating buttons in notification
- Custom UI colors
- Option for Video playback in external player
- Video, audio, and images playback on Android TV
The free version has the following limitations which can be removed with a $9.99 one-time in-app purchase:
- Can only play first 3 files in Playing Now
- Can test but not save zone macro and volume commands
- Only 30 seconds of video playback
- External video playback is disabled
- To customize the library items that you can browse edit the MC options: "Tools | Options | Media Network | Advanced | Custom views for JRemote, Gizmo & Panel..."
- To have a custom root view for Android Auto (e.g. just browse audio, group artist by letter, etc.) create a root library view named "Auto" in the same options as above
- Thumbnails are not currently displayed in Android Auto with https connections
- Cover art is intentionally missing from screenshots but will display properly in the app with your library
- If you are experiencing unexpected playback STOPPING when playing to the device with the screen off, disable BATTERY OPTIMIZATION for the MO 4Media app: search for "battery optimization" in settings
- Seeking/resume is not currently possible with ts files. This includes most recorded TV and file types you choose to convert for playback (ts conversion is the only kind available in MC currently).
- DTS-HD audio output is not currently available. The DTS core audio is used.
- To have custom root items on the main screen create a root library view named ATV as described in Notes above.
- Chapters: Default "chapters" are generated every 5 minutes. You can have specific timed and named chapters by importing a .xml file into your library and setting the Name tag as "VIDEONAME_Chapters" where VIDEONAME is the exact Name tag of the target video for the chapters. The schema of this xml file is that which is produced by extracting the chapters from an MKV file with mkvtoolnix.
- Backdrops: To have a backdrop show on the file details screen import at least one image file into your library and set the Name tag to "MOVIENAME_back" or "SERIESNAME_back" where MOVIENAME is the exact Name tag of the target video for the backdrop (SERIESNAME is tv episode series name).
Without rooting, enjoy multimedia contents with USB drive. (NTFS, exFAT, FAT32)
- Matrix Mobile Viewer for surveillance system
Decentralized communication, SMS texting from PC, Offline file transfer
FX Plus adds media, networking, and cloud capabilities to FX File Explorer.
Android Digital Frame App for Tablet, Phone and Android TV
File Explorer for Android TV, USB Root, Cloud ,Wifi, Watch and Cast
Created with AppPage.net
Similar Apps - visible in preview.