Create your own incredible monsters and transform them in real-time with DNA Play! Over 200 billion unique life forms at your fingertips!
• BBC Focus Magazine "App of the Week"
• The Guardian - Featured in "Apps of the Month"
• "Beautifully realised, generating monsters that manage to be both cute and educational" - Financial Times
• "Adorable open-ended genetics app gives kids mutation power" - Common Sense Media
• "A lively, entertaining way for kids to learn about how the way we look comes from our genes." - AppAdvice
• "Wildly creative, brave, and most of all outrageously fun" - TeachersWithApps
DNA Play introduces kids to the basic concept of DNA in an easy pure-play style. Learn how to build creatures by completing a series of simple DNA puzzles. Get creative and experiment with crazy mutations of different body parts by altering genes. Have fun playing with your monsters and change their form in real-time while they dance, skate, eat or sleep!
CREATE & MUTATE
Start with a basic unformed figure and complete the gene puzzles to give it a fully grown torso, face and limbs. Then tweak the genes or simply tap on the creature's body parts to trigger mutations. Observe how the tiniest change in the DNA code can lead to unimaginable new characteristics.
Watch your creature turn from yellow to red, grow pink hair and 6 eyes, have its ears transform into fish fins and its belly pop out and crave for food. Best of all, these are emotional creatures with vivid personalities, so prepare to be surprised!
PLAY & EXPLORE
Feed your monsters! Tweak them, push them, squeeze them, make them jump or slide! Go for a skateboard ride with them! Get to know their quirks. Do they enjoy being chased by an elephant or being hypnotized? Are they afraid of the dark? Discover what makes them sneeze, laugh or cry, how their voice changes after mutating their faces!
Try, experiment and evolve! Why stick with 2 short legs when 4 tall ones are so much better for flamenco dancing? Keep transforming and observe which forms look better in various activities! Take photos and share your genetic blueprints so friends can clone your beasts. Build your personal library of ready-to-play monsters.
- A simple introduction to DNA, genes and mutations
- Build up to 200 billion unique creatures!
- Complete the DNA puzzles, swap their pieces to mutate
- Tap on body parts to trigger random mutations
- Transform creatures in real-time while they dance, sleep, eat, skate & more!
- Save your creatures in a ready-to-play library
- Save snapshots of your creations stamped with their DNA code
- Parents' section includes basic info on DNA, illustrated tutorial, interaction hints & play ideas
- Ideal for kids 4-9
- Language neutral game-play
- No time limits, free-play style
- Exceptional graphics, superb music and original sound design
- Safe for kids: COPPA compliant, no 3rd party ads, no in-app billing
DNA Play is designed to inspire kids and encourage them to ask questions, to push the limits of their imagination and show them how to inquire through experimentation! DNA Play is a fun free-play workshop and a wonderful introduction to a scientific field that encloses the mysteries of life itself.
Includes localizations for the following languages:
Avokiddo is an award-winning creative studio specializing in the development of quality educational apps for children. We think that when you enjoy something, you become one with it; and it is in this creative state that learning takes place. Find out more about us at avokiddo.com
Thinkrolls Space is a child-friendly puzzle game that’s out of this world.
Avast ye, me hearties!
Create your own incredible monsters and transform them in real-time with DNA Play!
Created with AppPage.net
Similar Apps - visible in preview.