With so many cool Android apps, Better Open With saves you the hassle of having to choose only one default app handler when you click a filetype, and without having to choose between "only once" and "always"!
Created to mimic Android's default "Complete action using" dialog, Better Open With shows you a visually similar popup screen when you choose to open a link, an image, a PDF or any other filetype - listing all possible app handlers as you normally see.
What's different is that you only see the popup dialogue for a few seconds (5 seconds by default, but customizable), allowing you to choose an app handler if you want, after which it will automagically open it with your preferred app!
Unlike other similar apps, you just wait for your preferred app handler to launch (no clicks necessary), or choose a different app in the meantime. Just set Better Open With as your default handler for the filetypes you want, and let it work for you!
Personalize how you want to view the Better Open With popup screen!
• Choose between grid and list view
• Set text size, show only icon (no text) and other options
• Light and Dark themes available
• more options to follow!
Better Open With is handy if:
• you switch between browsers, but usually have one preferred app;
• you prefer using one app to view your PDFs, photos and other files, but sometimes use another app to edit them;
• you usually want video links to open with a player, but sometimes you want to open them with an app that lets you download the file, and maybe yet another that will Chromecast it;
Better Open With is completely free, and no ads! No permissions requested!
It started off as a little side project, inspired by a reddit post by reddit's oroboros74 at http://www.reddit.com/comments/24okaq/what_apps_would_you_like_to_have_that_dont_exist/ch96jid. Since we think others might enjoy it, we're making it available to everyone!
Future releases will include:
• support for more filetypes!
• sort apps in list (alphabetical-default, manual, chronological)
• create "sessions", allowing to choose a different, temporary preferred app (for next X clicks, next X minutes)
• translations (translators wanted!)
• suggestions from you, the user!
Email the developer at [email protected] if you have any question, suggestion or want to contribute.
Suggest new features or vote for existing suggestions at https://betteropenwith.uservoice.com/
Personalize your Android homescreen by creating your own icon shortcuts for websites...
File Viewer for Android is an easy-to-use file viewer and file manager...
Your app for saving, organizing, and sharing all the things! Save recipe...
Created with AppPage.net
Similar Apps - visible in preview.