The National Registry Emergency Medical Technician (NREMT) cognitive exam is a computer adaptive test (CAT). The number of items a candidate can expect on the EMT-B exam will range from 70 to 120. Each exam will have between 60 to 110 ‘live’ items that count toward the final score. The exam will also have 10 pilot questions that do not affect the final score. The maximum amount of time given to complete the exam is 2 hours.
The exam will cover the entire spectrum of EMS care including: Airway, Respiration & Ventilation; Cardiology & Resuscitation; Trauma; Medical; Obstetrics/Gynecology; EMS Operations. Items related to patient care are focused on adult and geriatric patients (85%) and pediatric patients (15%). In order to pass the exam, candidates must meet a standard level of competency. The passing standard is defined by the ability to provide safe and effective entry level emergency medical care.
This app also contains over 1,600 practice questions you will be asked in the actual exam.
- 1,600+ Real Exam Questions
- 42 Practice Tests, including section-specific practice tests
- 8 Full-Length Exams
- Get immediate feedback for correct or incorrect answers
- Full and Detailed Explanations - learn as you practice
- Dark Mode - allows you to study anywhere, anytime
- Progress Metrics - you can keep track of your results and score trends
- Track Past Test Results - Individual tests will be listed with pass or fail and your mark
- Review Errors - Review all your mistakes so you don't repeat them in the real test
- You can track how many questions you have done correctly, incorrectly, and get a final passing or failing score based on official passing grades
- Take a practice test and see if you can score well enough to pass the actual test
- Helpful hints and tips let you know how you can improve your score
- Send questions feedback directly from the app
Note: If a candidate is not successful in passing the cognitive exam, the National Registry will provide a candidate feedback on their performance. Candidates may apply to retest 15 days after the last examination.
If you have covered all the material in this app - It should be a breeze!