Start off learning the sounds a, m, s, t and the revision level. One In-App purchase gives you access to the remaining levels and sounds - no more to pay.
No internet access required and no adds.
**All of our apps have been temporarily discounted to as low as google allow us. Stay safe everyone**
** ideal for beginning readers, pre-schoolers about to start school, kindergarten kids, and those having difficulty with reading. It is a companion to our Parrotfish Sight Words app **
Understanding language, learning sight words and learning how sounds make words through a structured phonics program are proven to be the best ways for kids to learn to read.
This is a complete structured approach to teaching beginning phonics. When completed children should be able to read, write and spell simple words such as cat and fan, and blends such as brush and hang. (For teachers this covers single sounds, cvc, cvcc, ccvc, ccvcc, cccvcc)
10 to 15 minutes per day spent on a structured phonics program seems to be optimal. If your child is ready to learn to read then have them complete one level per day to provide this experience.
* Set up individual profiles for multiple users in the full version
* Letters are introduced in the order taught in many schools.
* 4 single sounds are taught then there is a revision level where the sounds are used to read and write words
* They learn the sound, what it looks like, to recognise it in words, to read words, to blend letters into words, and how to write each letter
* Reading and writing simple words begins as soon as the first 4 sounds are learned
* Upper and lower case letters are introduced together
* Male and female voices and different fonts are used to aid generalisation
* 6 games have increasing difficulty and each cover a different reading skill and aid memory
* Revision levels consolidate the sounds from the previous levels
* The games provide lots of practice and repetition of the words
* All games build fluency and instant recognition
* Guesses are not rewarded. Progress is determined by accuracy
* The games are enjoyable with real game play, immediate feedback, reward structure and progress tracking
* 17 levels commencing at single letters and progressing to blending and segmenting words
* Over 150 images and 500 words, a really comprehensive learning experience
* Completely add free, internet connection not required
Options allow progression through games and levels in logical order or all levels can be unlocked so younger children can play the easier games at each level. Music can be turned off and levels can be reset.
1 - Titus is Fishing: Matching a spoken sound to the written sound, starts easy with only one choice, then gets harder. Lower case and upper case are used
2 - Feed Green Gordie: Drag the image that starts with the sound into the fish's mouth
3 - Trace and Write: Trace the letter being learned, staying on the track, with a starting and ending point and directional arrow for each stroke marked. As it gets harder only the starting, ending points and directional arrows are shown.
4 - What's Missing: An image and its word are shown with the target letter missing from the beginning, middle or end of the word. Select the correct letter or letter sound and drag it into place.
5 - Slide and Match: A revision game for the letters covered in the level. Drag the same sounds on to a pile to match. As the pile gets taller the colours darken
6 - Spell with Sam: Make words from all of the sounds that they have been taught. If they can do this they are actually reading and writing.
If you have any suggestions on improvement, please leave us a message at [email protected]